The Rolex Day-Date never fails to disappoint with its uniqueness and ultimately presidential outlook. The uniquely different Rolex Day-Date II with ice blue dial and diamond markers is just another of its elegantly perfect watches.
The blue dial and gems on the dial catches the eye and leaves a powerful impression that is very unlikely to be forgotten. It is made of the very best grade of platinum and other precious metals and gems. Attention to detail is ever present with the Rolex brand and the Rolex Day-Date isn’t an exception.
Like every other Rolex watch, the Rolex Day-Date is definitely going to leave a big hole in the wallet of the average man even though the classiness and prestige of using a Rolex can’t be pushed aside, price brings doubt to the mind.
The Rolex Day-Date costs about $40,000 which is unsurprising for a Rolex. Kronos Watch group, experts at making Rolex replica with absolutely no difference between the replica and the real deal and about 70 years of experience in the business of making Rolex replicas offer the same watch for as low as $1250 on kronoswatch.sc
Looking at the Rolex Day-Date in all of its awesomeness isn’t enough; you will be left mind-blown by the special features of this watch. I will be briefly discussing some of these great features.
Rare and precious, platinum is striking for its silvery whiteness and vibrant luminosity. Platinum is one of the heaviest and densest metals in the universe, set aside from the rest by unique physical and chemical properties like its exceptional corrosion resistance.
Interestingly, it is also highly malleable, soft and elastic, which makes polishing and machining extremely difficult, requiring an especially high degree of skill. For the watch, 950 platinum, an alloy consisting of 950% (thousandths) platinum, painstakingly crafted in-house by very talented metalworkers. The Rolex Day-Date with ice blue dial and diamond markers employs the noblest of metals for the finest of watches.
AN ICE BLUE DIAL
The dial of the Rolex Day-Date is the outstanding and distinctive face of a Rolex watch, the feature most responsible for its identity and also its readability. It is characterized by hour markers that are fashioned from diamond and 18ct gold to prevent tarnishing; each and every one of Rolex’s dial is specially designed and manufactured in-house, largely by hand to ensure perfection.
THE PRESIDENT BRACELET
The conception, design, development and manufacturing of Rolex bracelets and clasps, as well as the stringent tests they face, involve advanced high technology. As with all of the components of the watch, aesthetic controls by the human eye assures impeccable beauty. The president bracelet, with its semi-circular three piece links, was created for the launch of the Oyster Perpetual Day-Date in 1956. It epitomizes the ultimate in refinement and comfort and is always made of carefully selected precious metals.
The Day-Date 40 is specially equipped with a new-generation movement, calibre 3255, wholly developed and manufactured by Rolex for a superlative level of performance. The Day-Date 40 is a self winding mechanical movement that is at the very front of the beautiful art of watch-making. A consummate demonstration of Rolex technology, with 14 patents, it offers primary gains in terms of precision power reserve, resistance to shocks and magnetism, reliability and its ease of use.
The special selling point of the Rolex Day-Date is the day and date model feature. It became the first watch to indicate the date and day of the week fully spelt out when it was launched in 1956. To make it more exceptional, it is worn by many world leaders and it is available with a bespoke day display in a wide range of languages.
- Model Case : oyster, 40mm, platinum and diamonds
- Oyster Architecture : monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and wining crown
- Diameter : 40mm
- Material : platinum
- Bezel : set with diamonds
- Winding Crown : screw-down, twinlock double waterproofness system
- Crystal : scratch resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- Water Resistance : 100 meters or 330 feet
- Movement : perpetual, mechanical, self winding
- Calibre : 3255, manufacture Rolex
- Precision : -2/+2 seconds per day, after casing
- Functions : centre hour, minute and second hands. Instantaneous day and night in apertures, unrestricted rapid-setting. Stop seconds for precise time setting
- Oscillator : paramagnetic blue parachrom hairspring. High performance paraflex shock absorbers
- Escapement : chronergy with optimized energy efficiency
- Winding : bidirectional self winding via perpetual rotor
- Power Reserve : 70 hours
- Bracelet : president, semi-circular three-piece links
- Bracelet Material : platinum
- Clasp : concealed folding crownclasp
- Dial : ice blue set with diamonds
- Gem Setting : 10 baguette-cut diamonds
Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)